I remembered during my growing up days, film cameras were used. For us as a family, we always developed our photos and pasted them into a photo album. There was no such thing as a photobook as computing was not as advanced as today. 20 years down the road, photobooks are the in thing. It’s no longer the traditional method of developing the photo negatives and manually pasting in a album but it’s putting in digital photos and sending it for prints into a beautiful photo album.
Thanks to the kind folks from Snaps, we got to try out their photobook online service. Snaps was developed in Korea and currently is the market leader over there despite having many competitors around. Today, they have expanded overseas to Japan and Singapore.
The main thing I loved about Snaps photobook is the ease of using the service. There are a few basic steps to complete the order
1) Choose your photobook theme. There are hundreds of themes to be chosen from. It ranges from birthdays to anniversaries all the way to seasonal ones.
2) Choose your photobook size, cover and paper type.
There are a few sizes for you to choose from
- REVIVE (175mm x 130mm)
- CREATE (203mm x 203mm)
- EDITORIAL (210mm x 297mm)
- PANORAMA (254mm x 203mm)
- DELITE2 (254mm x 254mm)
- INSPIRE2 (305mm x 305mm)
You can choose from hardcover, softcover or padded cover depending on the book size you have chosen. Right now there is only matt printing available. Glossy printing will be available soon!
3) Design your photobook by dragging and dropping your favourite photos. There are a couple of functions within the photobook design page such as “text”, “stickers”, “image frame” and “effects”. You can add certain designs and word text to beautify your photobook on to of the photos you are importing in.
4) Once you are ready, you can check out and get ready to receive your photobook.
My wife did up the designing of the INSPIRE2 photobook. I am quite poor at designing so my wife helped me on this. Our photobook arrived within 3 days upon ordering it. We were impressed as we thought that we had to wait for a week to receive it. We were very pleased with the quality of the print-out. Just a word of caution, do use high resolution photos if possible so that when it is printed out, it will not be too pixelated. Check out my below pictures on the photobook!
**Something special just for my readers
Snaps has agreed to giveaway 1 x INSPIRE2 photobook worth $98.00 to one lucky reader. Be it for any occasion such as a birthday party, anniversary or baby shower, a photobook will be a great addition for you. Please read the below instructions very carefully on how to enter this giveaway.
Terms and Conditions
1) This giveaway is only applicable for Singapore residents.
2) This giveaway ends on 18th January at 2359 (Singapore time).
3) The winner will be randomly selected by the widget below.
4) All options are mandatory. Incomplete entries will be automatically disqualified without prior notice.
5) Winners will be contacted directly by the sponsor on how to collect their prize.
6) All fake accounts that are used for participating in giveaways will be disqualified.
7) We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this giveaway without prior notice.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A 20 percent discount is also extended to all my readers for all products available on the website. To be eligible for this discount, simple enter “9423A1F2-E07B-9241” during checkout. This promotion code is valid till 31st March 2015. Not only that, ever new account sign up who uses this promo code will receive the first 16 pieces of 4R photo prints FREE OF CHARGE. The prints can be different photos! Do take note that the 4R photo prints are only shipped on the 1st of every month. Other than photobooks, there are customized photo prints and calendars available. Do check out the website at www.snaps.sg for more details.
** We were given a free INSPIRE2 photobook for the purpose of this review. No monetary compensation was given and all opinions as usual is ours!